MW Scaffolding Ltd operates a Quality Management System.
The Quality System has been designed to ensure that all access and support scaffolding is constructed in accordance with laid down specifications, statutory regulations and codes of practice, by suitably trained and qualified personnel using approved materials.
These aims are achieved by means of written procedures covering training and safety.
Through its Quality System, MW Scaffolding Ltd aims to offer a constantly improving service to its customers by involving all company personnel in matters relating to quality and safety.
In recent years, the demand for constant improvement in the quality of the goods and services offered by MW Scaffolding Ltd, has grown considerably.
In order to operate successfully it is essential that the company provide a high quality service to its customers.
In order to maintain and expand the company's operations, attention to quality, safety and the environment is essential.
The management of MW Scaffolding Ltd. have implemented and developed a programme for this purpose covering the following items:
- Consideration of quality at all levels is a primary duty of every staff member of MW Scaffolding Ltd. Every employee makes it his or her aim to provide the highest quality of service at the lowest cost.
- All suppliers and subcontractors are expected to comply with our quality requirements.
- Quality improvement should be a continuous process.
- Education and training at all levels is crucial to the quality process.
- The management team has appointed a Quality and Safety Officer, whose duties include the administration and revision of the Quality System.
- In the process of optimising quality and output, full attention is paid to the efficient planning and organisation of contracts, and also to the working conditions and health and safety of the employees and the environment.
Health and Safety Policy Statement
- It is the firm policy of this Company to take all reasonable steps to ensure the safety, health and welfare of all employees in fulfilment of its moral, legal and economic responsibilities. These measures will also be aimed at protecting others who may be affected by our day to day working activities.
- It is a management function to provide the right circumstances under which work may be carried out safely. However, all employees must understand that they have a legal duty not only to work in a safe manner, but also to co-operate with the Management in any efforts to carry out their responsibilities.
- The Company will maintain close co-operation with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors, Enforcement Officers and Safety Advisers to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable that procedures and practices are satisfactory. The company will ensure that every possible assistance is given to clients in regard to safety requirements.
- The Company will make every reasonable effort to promote amongst its employees a genuine awareness of safety matters and to create an understanding of the importance of safe working practices and the use of protective clothing and safety aids. Employees will be encouraged to involve themselves fully in the safety activities and the reporting of unsafe conditions or practices. Particular importance will be paid to the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations, Management of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations and employees will be required to abide by assessments made by the Company.
- The Company will establish appropriate documentation procedures and will define responsibility and accountability for safety at all levels. The Company is provided with safety advice by Safety and Training Services, and the company's own Quality and Safety Officer.
- The Company will permit such safety representation as prescribed under the Safety Representatives and Safety Committees Regulations 1976 and will consult with such safety representatives on all matters appertaining to health and safety.
- This policy statement may be amended, monitored and added to from time to time and a copy will be issued to all employees. In addition, a copy will be displayed at each depot.
Objective of the Health & Safety Policy
To recognise and evaluate hazardous areas within the company's full range of activities and provide codes of practice to be followed as standard safe systems of working.
The company will carry out active monitoring of health and safety by regular inspection and checking to ensure standards are being implemented and management controls are working.
Re-active monitoring will also take place if things go wrong which will include investigating injuries, cases of illness, property damage and near misses.